“Be joyful in hope. Endure trials patiently. Persist in prayer. Share with the saints who are in need. Be quick to welcome strangers as guests.”
Out of gratitude we seek to serve God because of the wonderful saving sacrifice of His Son. One way we do this is by helping others for the Glory of God. If you are looking for opportunities to serve in the church and the community we ask that you take a few short moments to fill out this survey below.
Take Time and Talents Survey!
“Serve one another, each according to the gift he has received, as good stewards of the many forms of God’s grace.”
1 Peter 4:10
Reasons we serve though it has no value for our salvation.
- We serve because our Father in Heaven asks us to and out of gratitude we obey.
1 John 4:19 “We love because he first loved us.”
- Serving as a Christian means that God works in us. He is the cause for why we serve.
2 Corinthians 3:5 “Not that we are competent by ourselves to claim that anything comes from us; rather, our competence is from God.”
- When we serve we show that we are forgiven through faith in Christ.
Luke 7:47 “Therefore I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; that is why she loved so much. But the one who is forgiven little loves little.”
- Serving and doing good works follows believers into eternal life, where we are rewarded most graciously.
Matthew 19:29 “Everyone who has left homes or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields, because of my name, will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.”
- Good works are a real purpose for our life on earth. So we may serve Christ and share His Gospel!
Matthew 5:13-16“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its flavor, how will it become salty again? Then it is no good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled on by people. You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill cannot be hidden. People do not light a lamp and put it under a basket. No, they put it on a stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. In the same way let your light shine in people’s presence, so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”